Making your aging parents know about the importance of social distancing may be a bit too challenging for many people. It’s because most seniors still don’t take social distancing and disinfecting seriously. This often leads to frustration and stress within the family. However, yelling at your parents or forcing them to comply will just make them more resistant. If you’re struggling to convince your loved one to follow COVID-19 precautions, here are some tips that can help you have a productive conversation with them:
- Be a good example of social distancing and COVID-19 precautions.
- Provide good reasoning for what you want them to do.
- Ask them questions and clear up any possible misinformation.
- Show respect, love, and care, not control.
- Find the right family member to have the conversation.
When doing social distancing, it’s important to remember not to isolate your aging loved one. Talk to them frequently. If they’re receiving home care in Twinsburg, Ohio, you can also remind their caregiver to keep them engaged while minimizing the risk of COVID-19 infection.
At Covenant Home Care LLC, you can trust our professional caregivers to provide high-quality services and non-medical home care geared towards the betterment of your loved one’s health.